And says awesomely positive things about the cosplay community and fandom in general.
“Do you see a lot of freaks dressed up in costumes?”
Excuse me!? Why is this freaky? Why is it weird? I cannot even begin to tell you all of the creative ways I’ve seen sports fans dress up at games. I’ve seen guys who body paint their bare chests with their favorite team’s colors, people dressed up as their team’s mascot, lots of face paint, temporary tattoos, crazy hats, wild color-coordinating outfits. Some fans practically look like clowns the way they are decked out head to toe in support of their favorite team.
So I ask – Please tell me how this is any different than a sci-fi fan showing up at a convention in costume. The difference is that one form of dressing up is widely socially accepted and the other is not. However, both types of fans are passionate about the genre that they love, and they want to express themselves through what they wear. I actually see a lot of common ground between the two fan bases, and there is no difference to me. I fall into both fan bases, and I have elaborate sports outfits for all of the teams my husband has played for.
- young-skywalker75 likes this
- starcommandersnips reblogged this from lanewinree
- flaxxxen reblogged this from vestara and added:
- lostarkeo likes this
- batinthemachine likes this
- joellesolo reblogged this from vestara and added:
- joellesolo likes this
- gustave-flowbert likes this
- iandsharman reblogged this from lilprince
- iandsharman likes this
- lilprince reblogged this from corelliaorbust and added:
- corelliaorbust reblogged this from lanewinree and added:
- vestara reblogged this from lanewinree
- lanewinree posted this